Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has been operational for over 40 years. The company has not opted for remote working ever. However, with the Covid-19 pandemic, all the companies across the globe moved to homes with thousands of employees started to work remotely overnight. The shift from work from office moved to remote working in a single night and employees tried their best to get a hang of it.
N. Ganapathy Subramaniam, the COO of TCS said, “So the first and foremost thing was working with the government to say, ‘Allow us to run trucks by which we will be able to move things to our employees.”
The biggest challenge was to ship the essential equipment for employees. TCS employs 500,000 employees across the globe that makes it essential for them to ensure that the privacy and data are well maintained while shifting the employees to work remotely.
He added, “We had to go and talk to our customers and get their nod as well because contractually, we are expected to perform the work only from an approved location.”
In 2020, 96% of TCS staff shifted to remote working and the company is planning to not get the employees back to offices. By 2025, the company is predicting that only 25% of the total employees will work from the office whereas Infosys is going to follow a hybrid work model.
The companies were not comfortable with working remotely initially but with time, they have settled into work from home without affecting their overall productivity. The results have been positive for the companies and women are now taking up more leadership roles.
He said, “Many of our employees feel that they have found a solution to their work-life balance. So, when you are happy, naturally, your productivity is better.”
TCS has managed to land several deals amid the pandemic and could reduce 75% of its global carbon footprint by 2025. Remote working also allowed employees from small towns to work and improve their quality of life.
How useful was this post?
- Share review with rating here: Google Review
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR Generalist Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/
- Labor Law + Payroll Practical Training + Certificate : https://oneclik.in/labor-law-payroll-practical-training-certificate/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- HR Analytics Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-analytics-practical-training-certificate/
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course) + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/labor-code2020-rules-practical-training-certificate-crash-course/
- Advance Excel Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/advanced-excel-practical-training-certificate/
- Disciplinary Proceeding & Domestic Enquiry – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/disciplinary-proceeding-domestic-enquiry-short-term-course-with-latest-updates/
- PoSH Act, 2013 ( Sexual Harassment Of Women At Workplace & Vishaka Guidelines) – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/sexual-harassment-of-women-at-workplace-vishaka-guidelines-short-term-course-with-latest-amendments/
- Labour Code (2019 & 2020) With Latest Updates | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training): https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)