If your universal account number (UAN) is not yet seeded with Aadhaar, it’s better to complete the process with your employer. The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has extended the date of completing the seeding and verification of Aadhaar with UAN till November 30, 2021. From December 1, 2021, employers have been asked to file electronic challan-cum-returns (ECR) only for those employees where verification of Aadhaar with UAN is completed.
At the back-end, EPFO and your employer make transfer and withdrawals easier using the ECR route. The electronic challan-cum-returns (ECR) is to be filed by the employer intimating the EPFO with employee’s details. Employers have to mandatorily file the ECR online with the EPFO on a monthly basis containing member-wise details of the wages and contributions, including basic details of the members.
Importantly, the ECR is to be filed only for those employees who have their Aadhaar number seeded with the UAN.
Earlier, the PF rule was to be implemented from June 1, 2021 which was later on extended till September 1, 2021. Now, make sure that you complete seeding the Aadhaar number with the universal account number (UAN) as the last date now stands as November 30, 2021.
In September 2021, EPFO had extended the deadline for Aadhaar linking with UAN till December 31, 2021 for establishments in the North East and certain other establishments.
Making provident fund (PF) transfer on switching jobs or withdrawal of PF money on leaving job becomes easier and less time-consuming if your Aadhaar number is seeded with Universal Account Number (UAN).
There are 3 ways to link UAN with Aadhaar, provided the UAN is active:
a. Using UMANG App
b. Using biometric credentials on e-KYC Portal of EPFO
c. Using OTP Verification on e-KYC Portal of EPFO
To check the status or to upload KYC documents, you may log on to the EPFO employee portal. If seeded, the status will show as approved.
As an employee if you have not yet seeded Aadhaar with UAN, initiate the process to link them. However, just uploading the KYC documents with a valid UAN will not help. Make sure that it is linked to your employer. Ask your Accounts or the HR department to confirm it. Keep tracking and follow up with the employer if the seeding remains incomplete even after a few days of uploading the documents. Your employer will not be able to communicate and intimate your wages, PF details with EPFO, if they remain unseeded till November 30, 2021.
EPFO has already introduced several measures to bring down the claims settlement time. Linking UAN with Aadhaar, the claims settlement process becomes easier and much less time consuming.
How useful was this post?
- Share review with rating here: Google Review
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR Generalist Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/
- Labor Law + Payroll Practical Training + Certificate : https://oneclik.in/labor-law-payroll-practical-training-certificate/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- HR Analytics Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-analytics-practical-training-certificate/
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course) + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/labor-code2020-rules-practical-training-certificate-crash-course/
- Advance Excel Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/advanced-excel-practical-training-certificate/
- Disciplinary Proceeding & Domestic Enquiry – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/disciplinary-proceeding-domestic-enquiry-short-term-course-with-latest-updates/
- PoSH Act, 2013 ( Sexual Harassment Of Women At Workplace & Vishaka Guidelines) – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/sexual-harassment-of-women-at-workplace-vishaka-guidelines-short-term-course-with-latest-amendments/
- Labour Code (2019 & 2020) With Latest Updates | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training): https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)
- Telegram Channel: “One Clik”
- Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939
- Facebook: One Clik
- Linkedin: One Clik
- Instagram: oneclik_hr_management
- YouTube: One Clik
Disclaimer: All the information on this website/blog/post is published in good faith, fair use & for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.