PM assures to resolve issues of EPS-95 pensioners | Nagpur News – Times of India Nagpur: Raising hope for over 67 lakh pensioners, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has assured a delegation of National Agitation Committee (NAC) that he would look into their long pending demands and resolve them.
The Buldhana-based NAC, representing Employee Pension Scheme 1995 (EPS-95) pensioners, met the PM on Thursday and submitted their list of demands. Their meeting was facilitated by Mathura MP and renowned Bollywood actress Hema Malini, who also accompanied the delegation to the PM’s office at Parliament in Delhi.
Led by NAC national president Ashok Raut, the delegation apprised Modi of several problems faced by petitioners due to the meagre pension received by them. This was their second meeting with the PM on the issue. The last one was held on March 4, 2020, where the aggrieved pensioners held a detailed discussion with him, and he had assured to positively look into their issues. However, due to Covid-19 virus outbreak, nothing progressed for over a year.
“As soon as we entered his office, he said he was aware of our subject discussed in the last meeting. We requested him to make an announcement of providing succour to over 67 lakh pensioners by making an announcement to hike pension during his Independence Day speech on August 15. He, however, said it couldn’t be done in haste, as there are procedures to follow, but we shouldn’t worry,” Raut told TOI.
Modi then called minister of state at Prime Minister’s office Jitendra Singh, to discuss the matter in detail with the delegation and concerned ministries and remove all bottlenecks for increasing their pension. Singh then took them to Union finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman, who listened to their grievances patiently, but didn’t commit anything.
“We requested her to increase the government contribution in EPS-95 as done in other pension schemes like NPS. The EPS-95 pensioners in the country should be saved and their dignity be restored. We asked her how can EPS-95 pensioners survive on such a low pension?” said Raut, who was accompanied by NAC general secretary Virendra Singh Rajawat and chief advisor Pandurang Patil.
EPS-95 Pensioners’ Demands:
* Minimum pension should be Rs7,500 with dearness allowance (DA)
* Option of higher pension on actual salary as per EPFO’s March 23, 2017 letter
* Providing free medical facility for all pensioners
* Non EPS-95 retired employees may be included in scheme
* Approve Rs5,000 monthly pension in ongoing Parliament’s monsoon session
How useful was this post?
- Share review with rating here: Google Review
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR Generalist Practical Training: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/
- Labor Law + Payroll-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/labor-law-payroll-practical-training-certificate/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course): https://oneclik.in/labor-code2020-rules-practical-training-certificate-crash-course/
- Labour Code | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training): https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
- Advance Excel Practical Training: https://oneclik.in/advanced-excel-practical-training-certificate/
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)