Microsoft India announced a partnership with the Ministry of Labour and Employment (MoLE) to launch DigiSaksham – a collaborative digital skills training initiative to empower jobseekers in an increasingly tech driven economy. This joint initiative is an extension of the government’s ongoing engagement to upskill youth from rural and semi-urban areas.
Through this initiative, Microsoft, and the Ministry of Labour and Employment will provide 10 million active registered jobseekers on the National Career Service (NCS) platform, access to inclusive computing and computer science training, equipping them with the skills required to thrive in a digital economy. Conceptualized and designed by Microsoft India,
DigiSaksham will be implemented in the field by Aga Khan Rural Support Programme India (AKRSP-I). The program will impact more than 300,000 job seekers in the first year, training them in subjects like programming languages, data analytics, software development fundamentals and advanced digital productivity.
This program is being offered free of cost on the Ministry’s National Career Services portal.
Speaking about the partnership, Anant Maheshwari, President, Microsoft India, said, “Ensuring equitable access and opportunity to digital technology and skills will be vital for realizing the Digital India vision. Our collaboration with the Ministry of Labour and Employment reflects our commitment to bridge the digital equity gap and empower the youth of India to succeed in a digital economy. We have a unique opportunity to become an increasingly important tech engine of the world. Providing equal opportunity and access to digital skills for all will be the key to long-term economic and social value creation for India.”
DigiSaksham will leverage the strengths of MoLE’s platform, National Career Service (NCS) to equip youth with skills and industry-recognized credentials that increase access to employment opportunities and promote skills-based hiring. Jobseekers registered on the NCS portal will be trained in specialized technology modules aligned with their existing educational qualifications. The technology modules will be taught at intermediate and advanced levels, equipping participants with digital skills.
DigiSaksham is an extension of Microsoft’s global commitment to help 25 million people acquire digital skills in a COVID-19 economy, something that has become the need of the hour.
Source: People matters
How useful was this post?
- Share review with rating here: Google Review
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR Generalist Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/
- Labor Law + Payroll Practical Training + Certificate : https://oneclik.in/labor-law-payroll-practical-training-certificate/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- HR Analytics Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-analytics-practical-training-certificate/
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course) + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/labor-code2020-rules-practical-training-certificate-crash-course/
- Advance Excel Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/advanced-excel-practical-training-certificate/
- Disciplinary Proceeding & Domestic Enquiry – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/disciplinary-proceeding-domestic-enquiry-short-term-course-with-latest-updates/
- PoSH Act, 2013 ( Sexual Harassment Of Women At Workplace & Vishaka Guidelines) – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/sexual-harassment-of-women-at-workplace-vishaka-guidelines-short-term-course-with-latest-amendments/
- Labour Code (2019 & 2020) With Latest Updates | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training): https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)
- Telegram Channel: “One Clik”
- Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939
- Facebook: One Clik
- Linkedin: One Clik
- Instagram: oneclik_hr_management
- YouTube: One Clik
Disclaimer: All the information on this website/blog/post is published in good faith, fair use & for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.