Massive fire broke out at an Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) plant in Surat, Gujarat, around 3 am on Thursday.
No casualty has been reported so far.
An official said that the fire has been brought under control.
“A fire was observed in the Hazira Gas processing plant in the morning today. Fire has been brought under control. There is no casualty or injury to any person,” newsagency ANI quoted an ONGC official as saying.
According to officials, multiple blasts took place at the ONGC plant, leading to the massive fire. However, the reason for the blasts is yet to be ascertained.
“Around 3 am, three consecutive blasts took place at ONGC Hazira Plant which led to the fire. Firefighters present at the spot. The activity of depressurising the pressurised gas system underway by ONGC officials,” Surat Collector Dr Dhaval Patel said.
Fire tenders are present at the spot.
Bellows of smoke were visible from a distance of a few kilometres.
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Law, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR-Generalist-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- Labour-Law-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
- Advance Excel Practical Training
To Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)