Karnataka government has notified the amended Karnataka Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Rules, 1961 to introduce the term ‘fixed term workman’ – contracted for employment for a fixed period.
“…his hours of work, wages, allowances and other benefits shall not be less than that of permanent workers” and “…shall be eligible for all statutory benefits available to permanent workman proportionally according to the period”, the notification dated June 30.
The amendments will provide flexibility for companies to hire and terminate contracts of employees, and is being considered as an alternative to the contract system. The notification has received mixed reactions, with trade unions dubbing it as another attempt to dilute labour laws in the state.
Download: Official Gazette
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Law, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR-Generalist-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- Labour-Law-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
- Advance Excel Practical Training
To Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)
- Telegram Channel: “One Clik”
- Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939
- Facebook: One Clik
- Linkedin: One Clik
- Instagram: oneclik_hr_management