AHMEDABAD: Close on the heels of sweeping labour reforms in Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat has become the third BJP-ruled state to exempt new establishments from all labour laws barring three as it eyes investments into the states from companies looking to relocate from China.
The state government will soon bring an ordinance to roll-out labour reforms that would be applicable for 1200 days.
“Government has decided to exempt new industrial units from all related acts and norms for 1200 days,” Gujarat chief minister Vijay Rupani said. However, industries will have to abide by the Minimum Wages Act, the Industrial Safety Rules and the Employees’ Compensation Act.
Besides, the state will allow 100% online approval for all new industries setting up bases in the state. Such interested players would be allocated land within seven days and granted all necessary permissions within 15 days of applying for the same.
Further, the state government shall also facilitate helping foreign industries to find joint venture partners in the state. Gujarat contributes 7.9% to India’s GDP and 20% to overall exports.
We are providing training in Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan, Advance Excel, Bonus, TDS-Form 16 & more:
- HR-Generalist-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- Labour-Law-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
To get connected & for latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates:
- Telegram Channel: “One Clik”
- Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939
- Facebook: One Clik
- Linkedin: One Clik
- Instagram: oneclik_hr_management
5 thoughts on “Gujarat rolls out red carpet for investors, exempts labour laws”
Very nice link to under stand rules and regulations of govt . Thanks
Thank you. Keep Learning.
Very nice informative link thanks