The window for the federal government to operationalise the labour codes could also be quick diminishing with a number of states headed for meeting elections by the top of subsequent yr adopted by basic elections in 2024, at the least half-a-dozen specialists instructed ET.
Implementation of the codes – touted as a major labour reform – seems to be on the again burner as the federal government wouldn’t need them to fulfill the identical destiny as farm legal guidelines, they stated.
The authorities has adopted a wait-and-watch coverage as neither the employers nor the commerce unions are eager on the labour codes, stated a prime authorities official who didn’t want to be recognized.
“The government is apprehensive that the codes may backfire as had happened in the case of farm laws,” the official instructed ET. “Hence the wait and watch mode till these have the clear backing of all stakeholders.”
The authorities had in 2019 and 2020 handed 4 labour codes – Code on Social Security, 2020, Code on Wages, 2019 Industrial Relation Code, 2020, and Occupational Safety, Health, and Working Conditions Code, 2020 – to interchange 29 labour laws. While the President of India has given assent to all of the codes, the federal government is but to implement them.
Beginning of the following fiscal year is taken into account to be an acceptable time to roll out the codes as they’ve implications on the wage construction. In truth, specialists stated, April 2023 is the final alternative for the federal government to implement the codes earlier than the nation goes for basic elections in the next yr.
“We feel if April 2023 is crossed, the codes may not see the light of the day with states not keen on rollout though the Centre continues to reiterate that it has the intent to roll out at the earliest,” a key particular person in the staffing trade stated on situation of anonymity.
So far, there was no timeline from the Centre on the implementation of the codes.
How useful was this post?
- Share review with rating here: Google Review
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR Generalist Practical Training + Certificate
- Labor Law + Payroll Practical Training + Certificate
- HR Analytics Practical Training + Certificate
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course) + Certificate
- Advance Excel Practical Training + Certificate
- Disciplinary Proceeding & Domestic Enquiry – Practical Training + Certificate
- PoSH Act, 2013 (Sexual Harassment Of Women At Workplace & Vishaka Guidelines) – Practical Training + Certificate
- Compensation & Benefits – Practical Training + Certificate
- Industrial Relations – Practical Training + Certificate
- Labour Code (2019 & 2020) With Latest Updates | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service
- Labor Law Consultant | Compliance Management | HR & Payroll Outsourcing
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)
- Telegram Channel: The One Clik
- Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939
- Facebook: The One Clik
- Linkedin: The One Clik
- Instagram: oneclik_hr_management
- YouTube: The One Clik
Disclaimer: All the information on this website/blog/post is published in good faith, fair use & for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.