The Employees Provident Fund Organisation, or EPFO, has announced that it has added 13.95 lakh subscribers on a net basis in November 2021. This is an increase of nearly 38 per cent compared to the year-ago period, according to the latest payroll data, the retirement body said on the day. The provisional payroll data of EPFO showed that there was an addition of 13.95 lakh net subscribers in November last year. This is a rise of 2.85 lakh or a growth rate of 25.65 per cent compared to October 2021. A Provident Fund or PF is mandatory for all employees who get a basic pay of Rs 15,000.
“Year-on-year comparison of payroll data also shows an increase of around 3.84 lakh in net payroll additions (of Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation) in November 2021 as compared to 10.11 lakh net subscribers added during the previous year in November, 2020,” the labour ministry said in a statement on Thursday. These figures provide a perspective about the formal employment in the country. This shows that India added more employees during this period and there was an increase in the year-on-year number in terms of employment.
“Of the total 13.95 lakh net subscribers added during the month, 8.28 lakh new members have come under the social security cover of EPFO for the first time. Approximately 5.67 lakh net subscribers exited but rejoined EPFO by changing jobs within the establishments covered under the purview of EPF & MP Act, 1952,” said the statement.
“The subscribers opted to continue their membership with EPFO by transferring their PF accumulations from previous to present PF account instead of applying for final withdrawal,” it added.
All members of the EPFO get special benefits under Section 80C of the income tax act, including income tax exemption of up to Rs 1.5 lakh per financial year.
How useful was this post?
- Share review with rating here: Google Review
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR Generalist Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/
- Labor Law + Payroll Practical Training + Certificate : https://oneclik.in/labor-law-payroll-practical-training-certificate/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- HR Analytics Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-analytics-practical-training-certificate/
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course) + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/labor-code2020-rules-practical-training-certificate-crash-course/
- Advance Excel Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/advanced-excel-practical-training-certificate/
- Disciplinary Proceeding & Domestic Enquiry – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/disciplinary-proceeding-domestic-enquiry-short-term-course-with-latest-updates/
- PoSH Act, 2013 (Sexual Harassment Of Women At Workplace & Vishaka Guidelines) – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/sexual-harassment-of-women-at-workplace-vishaka-guidelines-short-term-course-with-latest-amendments/
- Compensation & Benefits – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/compensation-benefits-practical-training-certificate/
- Industrial Relations – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/industrial-relations-practical-training-certificate/
- Labour Code (2019 & 2020) With Latest Updates | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training): https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)
- Telegram Channel: “One Clik”
- Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939
- Facebook: One Clik
- Linkedin: One Clik
- Instagram: oneclik_hr_management
- YouTube: One Clik
Disclaimer: All the information on this website/blog/post is published in good faith, fair use & for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.