NEW DELHI: Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi on Thursday said demise of any employee of state-owned CIL due to COVID-19 will be treated as accidental death and the kins of the worker will get the same financial benefits as they get in the case of accidental death during duty
The move is likely to benefit around 4 lakh workers on a roll and on the contract of Coal India Ltd (CIL).The kins of CIL employees who have died of COVID-19 so far will also get protected, the minister said.
“Putting their lives in danger Coal Indians have performed a tremendous job during COVID pandemic. They are relentlessly doing a good job. That’s why I proudly call them coal warriors. I have announced this benefit just to recognize their invaluable service to the nation,” Joshi said.
The single-day increase of coronavirus cases crossed the 50,000-mark for the first time on Thursday, pushing India’s COVID-19 caseload to 15,83,792, while the recoveries surpassed 10 lakh, according to the Union Health Ministry.
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Law, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR-Generalist-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- Labour-Law-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
- Advance Excel Practical Training
To Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)
- Telegram Channel: “One Clik”
- Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939
- Facebook: One Clik
- Linkedin: One Clik
- Instagram: oneclik_hr_management
- YouTube: One Clik