The labour reforms passed by the central government in September 2020 might need further time to get implemented due to lackadaisical approach of the state governments in drafting rules to bring them into effect.
Earlier, the four labour codes were supposed to be executed from 1st April, 2021 onward but it was later postponed without being given any fixed deadline.
The four codes work on the concept of an appropriate government. On that note, the centre is the appropriate government for railways, ports, public sector undertakings etc.
However, the state governments are the appropriate government for a large part of the industry and the entire private sector.
Hence, it is essential for states to come out with their rules for a wholesome implementation of the labour codes.
As of now, merely six states have framed the draft rules to bring into effect the aforementioned labour reforms, Financial Express.
On the other hand, the centre has already prepared the rules to implement the four codes that concern around wages, industrial relations, social security and operational safety and health.
Senior government officials had earlier reportedly claimed that they plan to enforce the laws in the central sphere by June and hope that the major industrialized states also prepare the necessary framework by that time.
However, comprehensive implementation of the four concerned labour codes currently hangs in balance.
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- Labor Law + Payroll-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/labor-law-payroll-practical-training-certificate/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course): https://oneclik.in/labor-code2020-rules-practical-training-certificate-crash-course/
- Labour Code | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training): https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
- Advance Excel Practical Training: https://oneclik.in/advanced-excel-practical-training-certificate/
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)