According to the Economic Survey 2019-20, there are an estimated 38 crore unorganized workers in the country, who have been targeted to register on this portal. So far more than 1.25 crore workers have registered themselves. There are many types of questions arising in your mind regarding registration, then every question is being answered here.
What is the unorganized sector This is the first step in the direction of creating a comprehensive database of the unorganized workers of different sectors. This includes unorganized workers in construction, apparel manufacturing, fishing, retailing, domestic work, agriculture and allied classes, transport sector, etc.
Who is an unorganized worker Any worker who is a home-based worker, self-employed worker or a salaried worker working in the unorganized sector and is not a member of ESIC or EPFO, is called an unorganized worker.
What is the benefit of this The Central Government has developed the Eshram Portal which will be a centralized database of unorganized workers linked to Aadhaar. After registration, they will get accident insurance cover of 2 lakhs under PBSBY. In future, all social security benefits of the unorganized workers will be provided through this portal.
What is NCO It is a national classification of occupation designed on the basis of nature of job and skill level required to perform the job. It is an international practice and is uniform across the country. It is helpful in comparing, classifying and categorizing occupations and skill levels.
What is a profession The general or principal work or occupation of a person, especially as a means of earning a living, is called a profession. The activity which is the main source of income of the worker is the primary profession. Any other activity which is a source of income A minor, but important source, is called a secondary occupation.
What will be the required documents The following documents are required by a worker to register on the Eshram portal- • Aadhar number • Mobile number, Aadhaar linked • Bank account Note – If a worker does not have an Aadhaar linked mobile number, he/she should visit the nearest CSC and register through biometric authentication.
You can directly call the helpdesk number, after verifying your credentials, your mobile number will be updated on the eSHRAM portal. Alternatively, you can also visit the eSHRAM portal or the nearest CSC/SSK’s center to update the mobile number.
Will farmers be registered Only agricultural laborers and landless farmers are eligible for registration on eSHRAM portal. Other farmers are not eligible. UAN is a universal account number. It is a 12 digit number, which will be uniquely assigned to each unorganized worker after registration on the Eshram portal. UAN will be a permanent number.
How useful was this post?
- Share review with rating here: Google Review
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR Generalist Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/
- Labor Law + Payroll Practical Training + Certificate : https://oneclik.in/labor-law-payroll-practical-training-certificate/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- HR Analytics Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-analytics-practical-training-certificate/
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course) + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/labor-code2020-rules-practical-training-certificate-crash-course/
- Advance Excel Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/advanced-excel-practical-training-certificate/
- Disciplinary Proceeding & Domestic Enquiry – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/disciplinary-proceeding-domestic-enquiry-short-term-course-with-latest-updates/
- PoSH Act, 2013 ( Sexual Harassment Of Women At Workplace & Vishaka Guidelines) – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/sexual-harassment-of-women-at-workplace-vishaka-guidelines-short-term-course-with-latest-amendments/
- Labour Code (2019 & 2020) With Latest Updates | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training): https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)