· Employee Provident Fund: Proposed Interest Rate reduced to 8.50% from 8.65% for FY 2019-20.
· Employee Provident Fund: Employees can update their Date of Exit on their own.
· Employee Pension (Amendment) Scheme, 2020: As per the notification, employees can restore full pension after 15 years of retirement for pensioners under EPF Scheme who have commuted part of their pension at the time of retirement.
· ESI Act: ESIC has decided to Extended the date of filling Monthly Contribution of February, 2020 & March, 2020 up to 15th April, 2020 & 15th May, 2020 respectively, due to spread of Coronavirus Pandemic.
· Maternity Benefits Act: If a working woman gives birth to a child in the second delivery after twins in the first, she is not entitled to maternity benefits as it should be treated as the third child.
· The Terminated Employees (Welfare) Bill, 2020 has been introduced to provide for the welfare measures for the employees who have been terminated by employers. It is still a private bill and yet to become an Act.
· ESI PF Registration: Registration of new public, private limited companies and one person company for coverage under the EPFO and ESIC will hence forth be done on the Ministry of Corporate Affairs’ portal and not on labour ministry’s Shram Suvidha Portal.
· Income Tax: Employer’s contribution to Employee Provident Fund, National Pension Scheme over Rs 7.5 lakh proposed to be taxed from FY 2020-21.
· Lok Sabha Passes Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Amendment) Bill, 2020 For The Well – Being Of The Women
· EDLI – New Rule Updated
· Delhi: Pay Professional Tax If You Earn Rs 50,000 A Month
· Labour and Skills (E) Department : Government of Kerala has extended all the provisions of the Maternity Benefit Act, 1961 to the private educational institutions including unaided schools inclusive of teachers in the State of Kerala.
· Karnataka Factories Rules, 1969: Government of Karnataka has amended Rule 5(2). As per the notification, the licence may be granted or renewed for a period of ten years or more but not exceeding fifteen years on payment of respective fees specified under rule.
Join our Telegram Channel for Latest HR – IR – Labor Law Updates – Click: “One Clik”
For Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939