The last date for filing of income tax return (ITR) for AY 2022-23 was 31 July. So, taxpayers are advised to check the Annual Information Statement (AIS) thoroughly as some people have reported discrepancies in the same. So, all those people who are waiting for the last minute to file their returns online, please make sure that you tally the information in AIS and report any kind of mismatch between the government data and the ITR data filed by you.
What is Annual Information Statement (AIS)
The Annual Information Statement (AIS) was introduced in November last year. It has two components – taxpayer information summary (TIS) and other is proper AIS detailing the information contained in TIS.
This AIS has details of all the transactions which are reported by certain entities. These entities includes banks, registration offices, , stock exchanges, mutual funds, companies issuing shares and debentures, RBI and all the taxpayers who are liable to deduct and collect tax at source (TDS). The Income tax department released a much improved Version 2.0 of AIS in March 2022 that covers many more transactions,
What do taxpayers have to do if the information in AIS is incorrect?
The new AIS can be accessed by clicking on ‘Annual Information Statement (AIS)’ under the ‘Services’ tab on the new income tax e-filing portal (incometax.gov.in).
Amit Gupta, MD, SAG Infotech says when taxpayers feel the information reflected in AIS is not accurate, they can submit a corrected response. The statement can be evaluated for all entries, including personal information and financial transactions.
“Feedback should be submitted by taxpayers as soon as they notice any inconsistency. On the ‘Optional’ tab the same can be accomplished,” said Gupta.
Steps to correct the mistakes in AIS
- Log on the new Income tax e-filing portal (incometax.gov.in)
- Select ‘Annual Information Statement (AIS)’ under the ‘Services tab’.
- Now, two options will be visible to you – Taxpayer Information Summary (TIS) and Annual Information Statement (AIS). Click on AIS.
- After clicking on AIS, you will see Part A and Part B of AIS on your screen.
- Now, select the information that is not correct. Select ‘Optional’ to submit your feedback.
- There will be 7 options available to you. From the drop-down menu, select the option applicable.
- Now, click on Submit
How useful was this post?
- Share review with rating here: Google Review
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR Generalist Practical Training + Certificate
- Labor Law + Payroll Practical Training + Certificate
- HR Analytics Practical Training + Certificate
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course) + Certificate
- Advance Excel Practical Training + Certificate
- Disciplinary Proceeding & Domestic Enquiry – Practical Training + Certificate
- PoSH Act, 2013 (Sexual Harassment Of Women At Workplace & Vishaka Guidelines) – Practical Training + Certificate
- Compensation & Benefits – Practical Training + Certificate
- Industrial Relations – Practical Training + Certificate
- Labour Code (2019 & 2020) With Latest Updates | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service
- Labor Law Consultant | Compliance Management | HR & Payroll Outsourcing
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)
- Telegram Channel: “The One Clik”
- Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939
- Facebook: One Clik
- Linkedin: The One Clik
- Instagram: oneclik_hr_management
- YouTube: The One Clik
Disclaimer: All the information on this website/blog/post is published in good faith, fair use & for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.