Amidst the Omicron variant scare across the globe, countries after closing down borders, and flights are getting stopped from the nations where maximum cases are coming in.
Infact, Govt of India has refused to resume normal international flights due to the same reason.
But, ignoring these developments, a lot of IT companies in Pune and Maharashtra have started asking their employees to return back to office. As per an estimate, more than 60% of IT employees are right now working from offices.
Nascent Information Technology Employees Senate Or NITES wants to stop this for the welfare of more than 9 lakh IT employees, and the first shot has been fired.
11,000 Member Strong NITES Wants 100% Work From Home
Nascent Information Technology Employees Senate or NITES is one of the biggest IT Employee Unions, based in Pune, Maharashtra with 11,000+ active members.
They have demanded that IT companies allow 100% work from home to keep all the employees and their families safe and away from the dangers of coronavirus infection.
They have already petitioned Shri Uddhav Thackeray Ji, Hon’ble Chief Minister, Maharashtra State, along with Hon’ble Labour minister Shri Hasan Mushrif and requested that Govt issue notice to IT companies for imposing compulsory work from home.
Commenting on this development, Harpreet Saluja, President, Nascent Information Technology Employees Senate NITES said, “Recently many IT companies across the Maharashtra state have started forcing employees to resume work from office.
Nearly 40% of employees have started working from office. Keeping in mind the recent outbreak of Omicron variant of COVID-19 pandemic many employees working in the IT Industry are facing a difficult situation and are working in fear.
Under previous lockdowns also the IT Industry has performed well, while employees were working from home. In such testing times, the rights of the employees ought to be protected by necessary orders and directions to the IT/ITeS/BPO/KPO companies by the Hon’ble Maharashtra Government.
Companies like Google in Europe, Middle East and Africa has already delayed mandatory return to office. IT companies in India should also act responsibly & give priority to the safety of employees and their families. Considering the recent increasing number of COVID patients in Maharashtra the employees shouldn’t be forced to resume offices by the companies & should be allowed to work from home.”
Indian IT Companies Forcing Work From Office?
Several IT companies in India, including the likes of TCS, Wipro, Infosys, HCL among others have started asking employees to work from the office, claiming that the majority of their employees are vaccinated.
This can lead to dangers of infection, and a possible 3rd wave that can be stopped if the IT employees are asked to work from home.
The previous lockdowns and impetus on work from home has proven that IT companies can operate without compulsory work from office, and this can be continued, as per NITES.
It would be interesting to observe how the Govt reacts to this demand from 11,000-strong NITES, and whether IT companies will be allowed to ask employees to work from office?
How useful was this post?
- Share review with rating here: Google Review
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Codes, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR Generalist Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/
- Labor Law + Payroll Practical Training + Certificate : https://oneclik.in/labor-law-payroll-practical-training-certificate/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- HR Analytics Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/hr-analytics-practical-training-certificate/
- Labor Code, 2020 (Crash Course) + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/labor-code2020-rules-practical-training-certificate-crash-course/
- Advance Excel Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/advanced-excel-practical-training-certificate/
- Disciplinary Proceeding & Domestic Enquiry – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/disciplinary-proceeding-domestic-enquiry-short-term-course-with-latest-updates/
- PoSH Act, 2013 ( Sexual Harassment Of Women At Workplace & Vishaka Guidelines) – Practical Training + Certificate: https://oneclik.in/sexual-harassment-of-women-at-workplace-vishaka-guidelines-short-term-course-with-latest-amendments/
- Labour Code (2019 & 2020) With Latest Updates | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training): https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)
- Telegram Channel: “One Clik”
- Whatsapp Group: https://wa.me/919033016939
- Facebook: One Clik
- Linkedin: One Clik
- Instagram: oneclik_hr_management
- YouTube: One Clik
Disclaimer: All the information on this website/blog/post is published in good faith, fair use & for general informational purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal advice.