The Delhi High Court’s latest ruling includes and impacts those currently serving, doctors and paramedics and health workers, covering the gamut of the country’s frontline workers working against the virus.
Vipin Sanghi and Rekha Palli, the ruling judges, admonished the city’s municipal bodies over their proffered explanation of “paucity of funds” when asked to justify the non payment of many frontline workers.
The turmoil started with petitions filed against non payment of salary and pension. The guilty were recognized as top brass of North and East Delhi Municipal Corporations (MC).
So far the aforementioned entities have supplied simply “paucity of funds” as explanation, however the HC was having none of it as they pointed out Article 21 that granted every citizen the Right to Salary and Pension.
Employer Must Consider Salary As 1st Priority
They further insinuated that these workers were essential and it was also essential to give them the pay they earned, this must be prioritized over “discretionary” expenses incurred.
HC proceeded to request the MCs involved to put forward the different heads of expenditure with respect to counselors and Class 1 & 2 officers along with expenditure on “perks” .
As of date of posting, situation is that the MCs have elected to go on an indefinite strike that began Jan 7. They demand answers over non compliance of payment and pension.
We are providing practical training (Labor Laws, Payroll, Salary Structure, PF-ESI Challan) and Labor Law, Payroll Consultant Service & more:
- HR-Generalist-Practical-Training: https://oneclik.in/hr-generalist-practical-training/ (PF, ESI, Bonus, Payroll & more)
- Labour Code | Labour Bill (Labour-Law-Practical-Training): https://oneclik.in/labour-law-practical-training/ (Factory, Contact Labor, Maternity Act & more)
- PF – ESI Consultant Service: https://oneclik.in/pf-esi-consultant-service/
- Labor Law, Compliance & HR – Payroll Management
- Advance Excel Practical Training
Get Latest HR, IR, Labor Law Updates, Case Studies & Regular Updates: (Join us on Social Media)